Saturday, September 18, 2010

Real Rain and Spain

It is really raining. Yes, I know. If you move to Seattle, what do you really expect it to do? however, September is usually beautiful and a very well-kept secret. People think it rains all the time in Seattle and September is usually blue sky and sun all month long. Not this year. It POURED last night. It rained so hard that the chimney leaked. drip... drip... drip... Callie got up to go outside (unfortunately she needs my help) and all I could hear was drip... drip... drip... I just could not get back to sleep. So I worked. I guess I need that vacation.

Which is going to be in SPAIN. We leave on Thursday for 3 weeks. That is a big trip. To a place I don't know at all. Where I don't speak the language. I wonder if that is why I am nervous about the trip. Or if it is because things are tough at work. Or if it is the long plane ride. Or if it is how much organization I need to pack for 3 weeks in a little roll-on suitcase. Or if it is just that I am freaked out. Oh well, what usually happens - once I get there I am fine and we have a great time. Will that happen? I sure as heck hope so because it is sunny there and it isn't work so there should be lots of good that comes from it.

So here is to Gaudy, flamenco, and fado. More from the other side of the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment